Nurse Externship Program
We are committed to providing an excellent learning experience to our nursing externs with a combination of practical clinical experience, classroom learning and the advantage of our virtual medical center.
- Full organization and clinical orientation
- Partnership with a trained Registered Nurse Preceptor
- Weekly meeting with Workforce Development Specialist
- 9-week summer program (May-July)
- Free attendance for NCLEX review class
- Nurse Externs participating in the summer externship program must be rising seniors in an approved BSN nursing education program and enrolled in a summer nurse extern course at their respective educational institution. Must be currently listed as a Nursing Assistant I by the Division of Health Service Regulation without substantiated findings. Must be currently listed as a Nursing Assistant II (Nurse Aide II) by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. The employee must have the ability to understand, communicate and react effectively to the unique needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- To be considered, Wilson Medical Center requires the following:
- Two (2) completed Wilson Medical Center reference forms from faculty members. Click here to download the Wilson Medical Center Nurse Extern Reference Form.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (must provide transcripts at time of interview and document GPA in resume section of application)
- Proof of enrollment in the extern course (Can be provided at the time of interview, if available)
How do I apply?
To be considered, you must complete an online application. We will not be able to accept applications, resumes or documents pertaining to this position outside of the recruitment timeframe. Search for all available positions under our Job Opportunities tab.
Clinical Student Guidelines
Wilson Medical Center is proud to host clinical experiences including internship and practicum experiences for surrounding educational institutions. We are committed to providing an excellent clinical experience for these students, including a detailed orientation. Susan Clayton, Wilson Medical Center’s Workforce Development Specialist, is our student liaison and would be happy to discuss our clinical availability and our student requirements.