Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Nursing at Wilson Medical Center
Wilson Medical Center is very proud of its formalized and extensive New Graduate RN Residency Program. We are committed to providing an excellent learning experience to our new nurses with a combination of practical clinical experience, classroom learning and the advantage of hands-on training in our Virtual Medical Center.
- A one year program to facilitate the transition from student nurse to independent professional
- Two week orientation to include complete hospital orientation as well as individualized educational content and simulation laboratory experiences
- Partnership and mentoring with a trained and specially selected RN Preceptor for a minimum of 12 weeks in your specific clinical setting
- A dedicated RN Residency Coordinator who will provide weekly support throughout the first 6 months of residency
- Networking with New Graduate RN peers to share achievements and challenges
- Monthly education seminars that address relevant clinical and evidence-based topics
- Cohort style orientation held in February, June and July to accommodate a variety of graduates
How do I apply?
To be considered, you must complete an online application. Please search for our Staff Nurse - New Grad position by clicking on the Job Opportunities link above. We will not be able to accept applications, resumes or documents pertaining to this position outside of the recruitment timeframe.
INSPIRE Preceptor Program
Wilson Medical Center INSPIRE Preceptors are high-performing Registered Nurses who have participated in extensive annual training focusing on how to create an excellent onboarding experience for our new RNs. Each new nurse will be paired with an INSPIRE Preceptor based on their individual learning and thinking styles, resulting in a customized orientation process.
The INSPIRE Preceptor Program accepts internal applicants annually and is an excellent way to develop professional skills including time management, critical communication, analytical skills and social development.
PACE Clinical Ladder Program
Wilson Medical Center offers a progressive clinical ladder for our registered nurses with at least one (1) year of experience. Please contact Organizational Development for more information on this policy.