Wilson Medical Center is committed to providing an environment that values a diverse, dynamic volunteer program for both students and adults of all ages. Volunteers work in virtually every area of the hospital, sharing their time and talents and responding to the needs of patients and visitors. Volunteer positions include patient mail and flower deliveries, gift shop cashier, classroom assistance, projects, deliveries/errands, and waiting room information. Volunteers may learn marketable skills, establish new relationships, explore new career paths, and gain tremendous personal rewards in the process. Volunteers complete all screening and orientation requirements before placement and are fully trained in their specific position responsibilities.
For more information on available volunteer opportunities, please call Libby Baskervill at (252) 399-8770.
Wilson Medical Center's Summer Volunteen Program
The Volunteen Program at Wilson Medical Center is designed to provide complimentary services to our staff and patients, extending the quality care that we offer our customers. Teenagers between the ages of 16 and 18 are eligible to apply. Selection is based on attributes and qualities revealed in the completed application, teacher references and interview.
The purpose of the program includes the following:
- To assist the staff in providing exceptional service to all customers.
- To introduce students to the many healthcare career paths available to them.
- To increase community awareness of the hospital and its services through the volunteer.
- To provide young people with an opportunity to serve others through volunteer work.
- Students applying for the program must be 16 years of age. No exceptions will be made. Older students will be given priority when credentials and qualifications are equal.
Applications packets are available in the Volunteer Services Office at Wilson Medical Center or by mail. Please call Libby Baskervill at (252) 399-8770 for addiitonal information or to receive a packet.