Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Loved ones are welcome again.
It’s been a hard year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our community has faced a number of new challenges as we have worked to protect each other’s health and well-being. Perhaps one of the biggest of those challenges has been separation from others – whether that means forgoing in-person gatherings, grabbing coffee with a friend or visiting a loved one who is receiving care at the hospital.
As we come closer than ever to putting the pandemic behind us, we are pleased to announce that our visitation restrictions are relaxing, and loved ones are welcome again. We know that it has been difficult to be apart from family and friends who are receiving care, and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding while restrictions were in place to protect the health of our patients and staff.
We are so pleased to welcome our patients’ loved ones back to the hospital to visit. Our updated visitor policy can be found below.
It’s been a hard year. Let’s make the next one better…together.
Wilson Medical Center's Current Visitor Policy
Visiting hours are 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Patients will be limited to one designated well visitor at a time per day (no swapping) during visiting hours of 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Exceptions may be granted for end-of-life patients, pediatrics patients under the age of 12 and other special circumstances.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
- No visitors will be permitted for COVID-19 positive patients.
- Labor & Delivery patients will be allowed one support person for the duration of their stay
- Patients in the Emergency Department are allowed to have one well visitor with them in the lobby and/or patient room 24/7.
- Visitors are required to wear a face mask or cloth face covering properly at all times. Gaiter face coverings are not allowed.