Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Gastroenterology / Endoscopy Services in Wilson, NC
Talk to your physician about scheduling a procedure at our facility. If you need a specialist, call our Physician Referral Line at 800.424.DOCS (3627) to get connected with one today.
Our newly renovated endoscopy area includes two endoscopy suites and 22 private rooms. We offer multiple Gastroenterology and Endoscopy services Monday - Friday, from 7 a.m - 2 p.m. Services include examination of gastrointestinal tract to diagnose and treat disorders of the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, liver, pancreas and gallbladder. Disorders often diagnosed and treated include esophageal reflux, colon polyps, upper and lower GI cancers and gallstones. We are staffed and equipped for a wide range of procedures. We use Olympus 190 High Definition scopes with narrow-band imaging.
Gastroenterology procedures performed:
- Upper Endoscopy
- Placement of Feeding Tubes
- Replacement of Feeding Tubes
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Bravo Esophageal pH Test (tests for gastroesophageal reflux disease)
How to prepare for a colonoscopy:
A colonoscopy is an exam that looks for growth and abnormalities in the large intestine (colon) and the rectum. During a colonoscopy, the doctor uses a long, flexible tube with a camera to view the inside of the colon and examine it for any abnormalities.
Your doctor will provide you with instructions regarding diet and prep before your procedure. General instructions include:
- Your colonoscopy prep, either a prescribed oral laxative or liquid solution, will begin on the day prior to your procedure to help clear your digestive tract which gives your doctor a better view.
- On the day before your procedure, you may have a light breakfast or clear liquids only (water, strained fruit juices, etc.).
- Do NOT:
- drink milk
- eat or drink anything colored red or purple
- drink alcohol
- Do NOT:
- Your doctor will provide detailed instructions at your consultation.
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Care Services
- Cardiovascular Services
- Duke Telestroke Network
- Emergency Services
- Home Health
- Infusion Services
- Intensive Care Unit
- Laboratory Services
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Nutrition Counseling
- Orthopedic Services
- Radiology Services
- Rehab Services
- The Sleep Center at Wilson Medical Center
- Surgical Services
- Wilson Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Wilson Radiation Oncology
- Wilson Wound Healing Center
- Women's Pavilion