Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the health department.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Wilson County Health Department
- North Carolina Healthcare Association (NCHA)
- North Carolina Emergency Management Association
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
VISITOR RESTRICTIONS, LIMITED ENTRY POINTS AND SCREENING GUIDELINES
At Wilson Medical Center, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As current projections continue to indicate a lower than expected volume of COVID-19 in our region, effective June 1, 2020 we are revising our visitor policy. The following policy applies to the Hospital, Wilson Radiation Oncology, Wilson Wound Healing Center, Wilson Outpatient Imaging Center and all Wilson Physician Practice offices. This policy DOES NOT apply to Wilson Rehabilitation & Nursing Center at this time.
- Limited Visitor Restrictions: Effective June 1, we have revised our visitor policy. The following policy applies to the hospital, Wilson Radiation Oncology, Wilson Wound Healing Center, Wilson Outpatient Imaging Center and Wilson Physician Services.This policy DOES NOT apply to Wilson Rehabilitation & Nursing Center at this time.
Patients will be limited to one WELL visitor per day, including one companion for ambulatory appointments and one support person for obstetric patients. Only ONE person will be allowed. No swapping will be allowed at this point.
All visitors must be 18 years of age or older, will be screened upon entry and will be required to wear a mask and armband at all times while in the facility. Visitors that do not have a mask will not be allowed to enter. We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines
Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry (either ED entrance or the outpatient entrance) will not be allowed in the building until they are symptom-free.
Visitors are to remain in the treatment area. Visitors are not allowed to visit other areas in the hospital.
Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised or respiratory patients who are under observation for COVID -19 or test positive for COVID-19.
Exceptions to this policy will be for those patients that are at end of life care.
Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
Common Areas Closed: Friendly Expressions Gift Shop and Ladwig Chapel will be closed to the public. The hospital cafeteria will continue normal operations to serve patients and employees only and will be closed to the public.
Reduced Entry Points: We have limited access to two points of entry and screening everyone who enters:
Outpatient Registration - open Monday – Friday, 5 am - 9:30 pm and Saturday and Sunday, 5 am - 8:30 pm
Emergency Department- open 24/7
- Common Areas Closed: Friendly Expressions Gift Shop and Ladwig Chapel will be closed to the public. The hospital cafeteria will continue normal operations to serve patients and employees only and will be closed to the public.
**If you need a copy of your medical record during this time, please call 252.399.8120 and we can fax a copy to your provider or send you a copy through mail or email.
Signage is being posted around the facilities notifying visitors and the community of these restrictions and guidelines.
These restrictions are necessary to protect the health of our patients, staff and community.
- Resuming Elective and Non-Urgent Surgeries and Procedures 4.27.20
- Cloth Face Coverings Instructions and Guidance from CDC
- Supporting Efforts to Keep Our Community Healthy
- Testing FAQs
- Rescheduling Elective and Non-Emergent Cases 3.19.20
- COVID-19 - What Wilson Medical Center Is Doing & What You Can Do
- Are you experiencing symptoms?
- Use these tips to help protect yourself from the spread of respiratory illnesses:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose and mouth)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Follow Wilson Medical Center's Facebook page for the latest updates
- Screening Hotline 252-399-7068
- Effective March 11, Wilson Medical Center has implemented a screening hotline for those who are concerned about being exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing mild symptoms (respiratory illness, fever, etc.). The hotline is in place to provide education and encourage people to stay home if they are sick in order to prevent the further spread of illness. The hotline will be available Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.