Joint Replacement Center at Wilson Medical Center
Getting you back in the swing of life.
Every year more than 500,000 people undergo joint replacement surgery. The statistics of patients who have had successful replacements and restored a quality of life they thought they had lost is substantial. You decide, along with your physician, the best course of action. Surgery should relieve pain, restore independence and allow you to return to the activities you most enjoy.
The Joint Replacement Center offers:
• Nurses and therapists who specialize in the care of joint replacement patients
• Private recovery rooms with your own full bathroom
• Emphasis on individualized patient care
• Training for family and friends to assist in the recovery process of patients
• A comprehensive patient guide for you to follow from six weeks pre-op through three months post-op and beyond
• Physical therapy rooms on unit
Wilson Medical Center’s Joint Replacement Center is dedicated to the recuperation of hip or knee replacement patients. We strive to make you as comfortable as possible, while our specialists provide services to speed your recovery time and restore mobility. From the very beginning, you’ll work closely with us as we develop a comprehensive, planned course of treatment, ensuring each step of the program results in success.
Our Team of Specialists:
Douglas Freels, M.D.
Lawrence Yenni, M.D.
3 West Staff • PT, OT, Care Coordinator
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Care Services
- Cardiovascular Services
- Duke Telestroke Network
- Emergency Services
- Infusion Services
- Intensive Care Unit
- Laboratory Services
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Nutrition Counseling
- Orthopedic Services
- Radiology Services
- Rehab Services
- The Sleep Center at Wilson Medical Center
- Surgical Services
- Wilson Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Wilson Radiation Oncology
- Wilson Wound Healing Center
- Women's & Children's Services
- Wellness Solutions